The Washington State Department of Children Youth and Families (DCYF) is in the process of updating the child care licensing rules.
From DCYF: “Through the work of an active Advisory Committee, 45 community meetings, 10 multi-day negotiated rulemaking sessions with teams of parents, providers, and licensors, and over 2000 public comments, these revised, updated WACS are well-informed by a large, engaged, and diverse group of people in Washington state who contributed their ideas, expertise and experience. “
What you need to know:
The new standards will go into effect August 1, 2019 and involve:
- Updating Licensing, Early Achievers and ECEAP requirements
- Creating a progression of standards and regulations between licensed child care, Early Achievers and ECEAP, so that the early learning system has a unified set of regulations that are easy to understand by providers in the field.
Are you a licensed childcare provider and want to get informed on the new changes? Check out these resources:
- In Person Training:
- In person Deep Dive sessions are being offered every month. Look them up (Here)
- Online Training:
- Can’t make it to an in person Deep Dive? Do an online training! (Here)
- A simplified guidebook to help you understand the new WACs – Foundational Quality Standards for Early Learning Programs. (English) (Spanish) (Somali)
Have Questions? Email: email@example.com